Wednesday, May 28, 2003

May 28, 2003

Well, here I am, blogging with the best of them. Truthfully, I'm not sure what this blog is going to be about. I sat here, at the computer, trying very hard to think of a name for it. For some reason, I kept thinking about my sister and "Sugar in the Raw." "Sugar in the Raw" are those packets of brown granulated sugar that you can get in coffee shops. Not really white sugar, not really brown sugar. Frankly, I don't really like the stuff. But my sister is always (of course, I'm exaggerating by saying "always") saying that if she were a stripper, she'd want her name to be "Sugar in the Raw." I've always found that rather amusing, although something not really worth pondering for a long time. And that is what I intend this blog to be....amusing, but probably not worth your time in the long run.

Right now, in my life, I am married to a very clean and orderly man. I don't really know how this happened. I am not, by nature, a clean and orderly person. I am a cartoonist/artist. I have 3 Persians that my husband keeps threatening to send to the Animal Shelter because of all the hair. I also have a chihuahua named Squirrel who has not learning the fine art of housetraining. I would like to have a baby. I say that so casually. "I would like to have a baby." In actuality, I have been buying baby clothes and bibs for a year, taking my temperature every morning for three months and kissing every random baby forehead that I see. So yes, I would like a baby.

I also suffer from genetic dysthymia, which is a fancy word for depression. I have it under control, with the help of two years of therapy, an antidepressant and a very loving God. I've actually been on four different kinds of antidepressants in the past five or six years, so if you've got a question, I can probably answer it. Depression maintenance is a big part of my life, but not a huge billowing black cloud anymore, so I'm thankful for that.

That's about it for now. I'll write more tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home