Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Competitiveness

I think my stomach grew a few inches this weekend. Friday, pants fit. Monday, pants do not fit. I think I have another week or two in them, but that’s about it. I measure myself by standing over the drain in the shower and looking down. Little by little, I’ve seen less of the drain. This weekend, I couldn’t see it at all.

One of the problems with being in the same building with three other pregnant women (all due within a month of each other) is the competitiveness. A co-worker is selling some baby stuff on our classified ad page on the Intranet. I inquired about the stuff (stroller, bassinet, high chair, swing) from the guy, and he’s asking a good price for them. Somehow, between yesterday and today, a girl who is due five days before me slipped through and is trying to buy the stuff out from under me. I’m not a fighter, and I’m not getting in a bidding war, so I’ll probably just let it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home