Thursday, May 27, 2004

Back From the Doc

Well, Wade was wrong. I'm actually having heart problems, believe it or not. It's never a good sign when your doctor is listening to your heart and says, "I've never heard anything like this before" and goes to get another doctor for a second opinion. They gave me an EKG, chest x-ray and an echocardiogram (which was way-cool. It's like an ultrasound for your heart.) Dr. B was hearing a clicking sound, followed by a "growl."

At the very least, I have Mitro Valve Prolapse (which I am headed right over to WebMd to learn about). I won't know anything else until Tuesday.

Before Dr. B came to see me, I sat in his waiting room, racking my brain trying to remember when I first felt the chest pains. The very first time, I've decided, was right before my senior year of college, in 1996. I had been in Italy for a year and I was stressed about going back to my old college life. I had the burning feeling, but wrote it off as stress. I'm thinking back on other times, and I remember complaining to Shelley about it when we worked together...so that was over two years ago. And I've definitely had it more often than not since then.

Actually, despite the still burning, crushing chest, I feel really good. Soon, I'll finally know what the problem is and that will be such a relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home