Monday, June 14, 2004

Weekend Shenanigans

It was a good XM Satelite Radio morning. I heard The Partridge Family's "I Woke Up in Love This Morning," Roxette's "Dangerous," and Harvey Danger's "Flagpole Sitting." I actually never knew the name of that last song, but it's the one that goes, "I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding." I always liked that song.

It was a good weekend but it flew by way way way too fast. I had Saturday lunch with my two new mom friends (they are "old" friends of mine, but "new" moms.) They are coping with the lack of independence and sleep in different ways. Stephanie is drinking lots of coffee and delighting in squeezing into pre-maternity shirts. Sunny is smoking and peeing a lot. I don't know that the two are related. She smokes cloves, but I've heard those are really nasty for your lungs.

That night, we hung out with our family friends and their 14 month old son. We took him to a travelling "educational" petting zoo. Usually, I hate those things because I feel so sorry for the animals, but this one was nice. You could tell that the guy in charge truly loved those animals. Caleb rode the camel, and the dude spent 20 minutes telling us how the camel is God's perfect creation (his nose closes up for sandstorms, his hump stores water, his toes flatten for sand-walking, etc.) And he frequently kissed the camel on the snout and told him what a good boy he was. So I didn't feel too sorry for the animals.

In other news, my puppies have hit the toddler stage. They whine when they don't get their way, they run and fall over, poop everywhere and generally annoy everyone in walking distance. But they are so darn adorable, I just kiss them all the time.

I will miss them when they leave, but we're going to just pull up the carpet and tile the room where they currently live. It's a lost cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home