Friday, December 24, 2004

Ho Ho Ho

Merry Day Before Christmas! I am having a lovely day already... it's 11am, I'm still in my pajamas and my husband has spoiled me rotten yet again. He can never wait to give me my presents until Christmas so I got to open them this morning. I love gettin' stuff. I got Futurama Season 4, Simpsons Season 5, perfume and a whole bunch of fun stuff in a bag, including a weird Japanese toy called a NoHoHon that bobs it's head by solar power. Don't ask me.

I'm officially 33 weeks today. Next week, I go in for a final ultrasound to make sure my placenta migrated north for the winter. The appointment after that, the "internal" exams begin. Bleh. Not looking forward to that. I've heard mixed reviews. One person told me they were worse than labor, another person said it w as no worse than a yearly exam. So who knows.

I can't believe that I only have 7 weeks to go. It seems like just yesterday, I was puking into the toilet. My friend Rebekah just had her baby the day before yesterday. She was due only five weeks before me. We work together, so for eight months now, the babies have just been wiggling bumps on our stomachs. Now her bump has come out to play. It's strange to imagine her no longer pregnant, with a baby to boot.

It's also strange because there is someone in my life who has still been dealing with infertility throughout this whole time. I wanted so badly for her to be able to be pregnant with me. Not for some cutsie "Oh let's be pregnant together" reason...I've just wanted her to be able to get pregnant period. I think that I truly expected that we would both be decorating nursery rooms together at this point. I'm still a prayin' though. (And if you guys wanted to pray for her also, I'm sure that she would greatly appreciate it.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you out there in cyberland who actually find my drivel interesting. I have really enjoyed writing on it for the past year and a half, and receiving all your opinions and advice about my wee life.

Even you, Wade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home