Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I Now Have A Baby. Wow.

Hi! I am managing to grab a few moments to write, since my dear dear husband is rocking the baby. Thank you for all your sweet comments. It meant a lot to me.

We are all doing really well. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and I thank everyone who prayed for us. We went in at 7:30am on Sunday, and the nurses quickly got me hooked up to the Pitocen and off we went. The epidural was put in around 9:00am, just as the contractions were beginning. The epidural is HIGHLY recommended by Ellen. Love the epidural. I truly feel like I actually enjoyed labor and delivery. Every time I looked up at that screen, I felt a huge sense of thankfulness that I was not feeling those wavey lines.

My mom, sister and brother-in-law showed up late morning, and we all hung out reading trashy gossip magazines. My mother was amazed by the whole experience-- she gave birth to me in an Army hospital in Germany, no drugs, no pampering, and even had to change her own sheets every day.

The baby was really low and dropped, apparently, so when I was dilated to 9 around 6:00pm that night, it was time to start pushing. Believe it or not, it was actually a pretty laid-back experience. We actually kept the Super Bowl on in the background (And the nurse said I was an awesome pusher!) I probably pushed through about 15 contractions or so, and there she was! Jason cut the cord, and they put her on my chest. I'm not sure what I thought she'd look like, but she looked perfect. When I saw her, I thought, "Yes, exactly."

I am such a planner in life. I planned for feeling like I had been hit by a Mac Truck (which I do), feeling exhausted and a little down (which I certainly do) feeling like I am doing everything wrong (which I really do) and feeling frustrated at breastfeeding (which I really really do.) But I guess I didn't count on loving her so much. She's just perfect, and has the sweetest, cuddliest little personality. She has perfect little ears and big round eyes. I even love her when she is wailing. She is beautiful (and yes, I may be biased, but the nurses told me that she was a favorite in the nursery. so there. hee hee)

I am also overwhelmed with gratefulness to my family and my husband. I do not know what I would do without my mother here. Seriously. I would be laying on the floor in sobs, probably.

Right now, I am praying for my milk to come in, my butt to feel like normal again and maybe two hours of sleep tonight. Keep praying for me, I need it.

My husband, the photo hound, added a bunch of pictures to Anna's site. Some are sticky and gross, but enjoy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home