Sunday, January 30, 2005

Warning: Complaining

It's 11am Sunday morning, I am 38 weeks pregnant and at work. Working. I am uncomfortable, not particularly happy and my ankles are now cankles. And I am working. On a Sunday morning. Hrmph.

This stupid project. My boss keeps asking me if it's going to be out to overseas before I have the baby. I have worked my big pregnant ASS off for the past month and a half, getting more frantic and uncomfortable by the day. I haven't had any time to "nest" at home because of this damn work project. After working all weekend, I decided NO MORE. I will do my overtime today, but after this, I am not wasting any non-scheduled work time thinking about it. And if he asks, I already have my answer prepared: "I have done all I can. I am about to pop. Deal with it."

Besides, I really don't think it's going to be much longer. "Stuff" is happening. (IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT FEMALE STUFF, STOP READING NOW.) I lost my mucus plug last Thursday, and since then, it's been a pantie parade of all sorts of goo. Is a bloody show the same thing as losing your mucus plug? Because I had something happen on Friday that "bloody show" would probably describe accurately. I'm calling it the Bloody Horror Picture Show. ("It's just a drip to the left, and then a gush to the ri-i-i-i-i-ight. Put your hands on your hips, and pull your panties up tight! Let's lose the mucus plug again!!!")

The only person truly interested in my bodily fluids is my sister. And I haven't the faintest idea why. She's been reading "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" so she asks me to describe the consistency and color and volume of my goo, then tries to determine when Anna will make her appearance. She thinks my labor will start tonight; my brother-in-law thinks Monday night. I am actually thinking maybe Tuesday night. Jason doesn't really care. He's done his "job"-- he installed the car seat. As long as he doesn't have to hear any more Goo Stories, he is fine whenever she decides to make her entrance.

I'll keep everyone posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home