Monday, January 03, 2005

Hittin' the Wall

I believe that I have hit That Point in pregnancy. I have been very fortunate to have had a really good pregnancy (with the exception riding the Vomit Comet the first 20 weeks, but I was so happy to be pregnant, I didn't care.) But I think that over the holidays, I hit That Point. You can tell the women who have hit it. They are the uncomfortable women who are waddling around Wal-Mart with a glazed-over look in their eye, holding a bag of flour and a pack of Sharpies because they can't remember what they came in for.

Here are the signs that I've hit That Point:

1) Heartburn. I never have really had heartburn much. Once, after eating White Castle for the first time. It was after my future sister-in-law's wedding, and my future father-in-law decided that if I wanted to be accepted into the brood, I needed to digest about ten sliders before we headed back to the hotel. I laid in my hotel bed that night, feeling as though my chest was a volcano of acid. I would say that pregnancy heartburn might be in the same realm as White Castle heartburn.

2) Insomnia. Between worrying about work, worrying about labor, peeing every two hours and general uncomfortability, I am not sleeping well. On the whole, I've slept great for the past eight months, so I'm counting my blessings.

3) Crabbiness. My husband got new speakers for the TV this weekend. Since he is a gadget addict, he was giddy with excitement for two days straight. Speakers do nothing for me (I couldn't even tell sound quality difference with the switch from tapes to CDs), but it usually makes me smile to see him happy. But not this weekend. I hate loud noise of any kind (another reason why I don't vaccuum) and every time he fired up a movie or turned on the stereo, it wore on my last nerve. I probably said, "TURN IT DOWN" about twenty times this weekend. Then we'd get in the car and he'd have this sad sack alternative sensitive man music on. Damien Rice or Travis or whatever. "...I can't take my eyyyyyyyyyyes off of yooooooou..." I wanted to puke and it weren't no morning sickness.

4) On that note, Morning Sickness. Yep, it's back. I don't know why or how, but it is. And it sucks.

5) Pointy stomach. My stomach is no longer just round. It has waves and points and little baby parts poking out. Sometimes my tummy will go all lopsided and hard, and suddenly a wee baby butt will be protuding out. It's very odd.

6) Braxton Hicks. I've been having these sporadically for months now, but definitely more lately. Sometimes my stomach will tighten up so much, I can't quite stand up straight. Not from pain, really. I'm just sort of a human accordion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home