Friday, January 14, 2005

Friday Ruminations

Yesterday I decided screw it. I left work at 5pm on the dot. I decided that I was 36 weeks pregnant and 10 hours of overtime in one week was quite enough for me, thank you very much. It helped to take the evening off and watch a fairly gruesome "C.S.I." I'm feeling a bit more creative today.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. He asked me if I wanted to be "checked." I said, "Do I have to?" He said, "No. Some women are just curious to see their cervix's progress." I told him that my cervix was welcome to it's own life, and I didn't really want to pry. I just hear such mixed things about the internal exams. One friend said that it was on par with a yearly. Another said it was as bad as labor. I guess next week, I'll suck it up and have him check it out. I'm having some Braxton Hicks every night, but nothing else has been going down, pain or mucus-wise, so I wasn't even a bit curious this week.

Last night, I also demanded to be taken out on a date Saturday night. We are usually deadbeats on the weekends, watching DVDs and shuffling off to Wal-Mart periodically. But by golly, I'm going to be a human cow in less than four weeks, so I want to be pampered this weekend. I want dinner and I want a movie.

So, all you moms out there, do you have any motherly advice for me? Anything that you wish someone had warned you about...any product that saved your butt...anything that took you by surprise. Any advice is most welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home