Monday, March 07, 2005

Getting On With It

Well, if there's some initiation into motherhood, I think I had it. Today, while changing Anna's diaper, she projectile pooped on me. We are talking poo shooting out of her rear with such force that it spewed at least two feet. It was absolutely nasty, but pretty funny.

Things are going well. I have accepted my position as a member of the Exclusive Pumpers Club. Apparently, there are a lot of us out there. I've been checking out tips and questions online. I guess I have a pretty good breast milk supply. I usually get about 48 ounces out a day. I end up freezing quite a bit, so we're going to need a little deep freezer soon.

There are definite benefits to pumping. For one thing, it gives me some freedom to be separated from Anna for a few hours at a time (though not my pump, due to my breasts potentially exploding.) Also, Jason is able to be much more involved with the feedings, which he really seems to love. His family was here this past week and they gave me a real break for a day or two. Anna spent a good deal of time being schnoodled by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law (while I took some much appreciated naps.) My SIL even got up with me during Friday night feeding sessions to feed her, while I pumped. Before she left, my sister-in-law said to me, "Thank you for letting us have Anna so much." Which I find highly amusing, as they joyfully changed many a stinky diaper. Hey, no skin of my back there. But apparently her sister-in-law (on the other side) has always "hovered" whenever she tried to help.

And I have always secretly wanted to be a bartender, and measuring all that breastmilk in the bottles makes me feel a bit like one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home