Friday, April 02, 2004

Rebekah just asked me what BFN meant. She was on a blog and read that. (it's when you take a pregnancy test and it's a "Big Fat Negative")

It got me thinking about all the fertility lingo I've picked up over the past year or so. It's like another secret language that you have to learn in order to communicate on the internet message boards:

BFP= Big Fat Positive
TTC= Trying to Conceive
2WW= Two Weeks Wait
PG= Pregnant
BD= Baby Dance (i.e. "Have Sex")
TMI= Too Much Information
DH= Dear Husband
DS= Dear Son
DD= Dear Daughter
OPK= Ovulation Predictor Kit
HPT= Home Pregnancy Test
FRE= First Response Early (the pregnancy test of choice)
CBE= Clear Blue Easy (also a popular brand)
TCOYF= Taking Charge of Your Fertility (the "bible" of fertility knowledge)
POAS= Pee on a Stick
BB= Big Boobies
O'ed= Ovulated
AF= Aunt Flo
DPO= Days Past Ovulation
M/S= Morning Sickness
IVF= In Vitro Fertilization
IUI= Interuterine Insemination
"caught the eggie"= you got pregnant
"sticky vibes"= not resulting in miscarriage
"baby dust"= Good luck getting pregnant
"Obsession Buddy"= someone who ovulated on the same day as you
SIL= Sister in Law (everyone trying to get pregnant seems to be in competition with their sister in law)

It took me a long time to learn all this stuff. And it's funny, because after you know it, that's the way you think. I've actually refered to Jason as my "DH" in a conversation. And I think that term is STUPID.

I know. It's totally nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home