Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Housewifery

I voted.

And in the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

I went to a Halloween Party on Saturday night at my newly-married sister's house. I went as Elwen the Elf again, and my daughter went as a firefighter. (I pinned a little firehat on my stomach. I'll get Jason to post a picture.) The night before, I got all Martha Stewart and went to Walmart for ingredients to make a bunch of appetizers. I don't know why I do this. They never turn out well. I spent Friday night and Saturday afternoon making Pumpkin Tarts, bean dip, olive cheese puffs and Texas Caviar. I hit only one out of four. The bean dip was okay, but the tarts and puffs were...not good. Very not good. My always honest husband simply said, "Don't make those puffs ever again." Dadgummit. Oh well, I tried.

I am really crap of a housewife. My cooking is subpar (although I really try.) My cleaning skills are poor (although I've gotten better.) I am a laundry slacker. I don't know how to mow the lawn. My husband does the bills. I'm not entirely sure what I'm good for. I keep waiting. Even that deaf, dumb, blind kid sure played a mean pinball, so there's probably something out there for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home