Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Harry Potter is going well. I'm surprised how much I've read of it, considering how busy I've been with relatives and such since Friday. I want to slow down, since the next one won't be published til I'm about 32. Sheesh!

Relative Weekend went well. My two sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, and father-in-law visited and we all had a really good time. Worked on the house. Visited Mindy's baby. Kerrie made us martinis that she saw on Emeril's show. Squirrel didn't like anyone, and tried to bite Alice several times. Ugh. I've become an owner of one of those types of chihuahuas.

One thing I admire about Alice is her sense of right and wrong. I wouldn't say she's black and white, but if something is wrong, then it's wrong. It's almost a pure sense of belief that what God says is true. No doubts. It's just true, and there's no changing her mind. My mother-in-law is like that also. And both of them will tell you also, but not obnoxiously. We found out several months ago that Ruth (my mom-in-law) had a serious tumor in her bile duct. We asked her if there was anything we could do for her and she said, "Go to church. It's my dying wish." Great sense of humor, huh? So we did. Then it got removed, and we stopped going. Ha ha.

I just question things so much, which I think is also fine. Part of it has to do with personality types. I am an INFP (Introverted intuitive feeling perceiver). I see blacks and whites, but I also see all the shades of gray in between and I can be easily persuaded to see someone's point of view. Most of my family are J's (judgers) instead of P's. I think the world needs both.

Last night, I got to see some of my favorite people in the world! I was a camp counselor for years, and my two favorite campers were these boys named Ben and Jeff. I met them when they were 12 and singing all the words to Willy Wonka as a dinnertime show. They sat at my table for meals and the three of us just clicked. Ben has always been an "old soul" and wise beyond his years. Like a thirty year old, trapped in a 14 year old boy's body. Jeff is very sensitive and kind, but both of them have a wicked sense of humor. It's a very very strange thing when you have soul mates that are eight years younger than you. Very strange, and most people look at it as a little odd, so I look forward to them finally being adults, so it's not so weird. I've watched them grow up for eight or nine years now, and I am so thankful that they are turning out to be very quality individuals. For a couple of summers, my sister and I drove down to Texas to visit them.

I saw them last night and both are having girl problems. They are both college sophomores now, and I remember going through that crap at that age. I sat there and looked at Jeff, confused about two different girls, trying to make the right choice. And I knew he'd make the right choice, and I wanted to be at his wedding someday, and see his future children, and just plain thankful that God had put them in my life. I am so thankful that the Lord gives you people to love on this earth. That He creates people who march to the same drumbeat, and laugh at the same stuff, and understand each other's eyerolls and snorts.

I'm just thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home