Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I keep waiting for my life to settle down a little bit. I have had like 20 wedding and baby showers in the past month or two. I have a rehearsal dinner, wedding and two wedding receptions this weekend, followed by what I believe is my last baby shower of the season next weekend. Enough already! At least it's good for my ego to be invited to events. Hopefully, all my little parties will be finished and everything will be in it's place in my house by the 21st, when Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is released so I can just sit back and read for the weekend.

I have been having such a good time this weekend, working on the house. I read through another home decorating magazine last night and came up with a bunch of new ideas. I'm thinking, maybe we should wait a bit longer before starting the whole family thing. It's sort of nice being able to decorate the house the way I want and know that we have the money for it. And I want a new purse and by golly, I think I am going to go buy a new one. I know that all ends once the babies arrive. Materialism is not a good reason for putting off starting a family, I know, so maybe part of it is fear of losing my independence. I watched my friend this weekend, strapped to Caleb the whole time. Lots of crying and whipping boobies out to stop the crying. Around 6pm, she handed Caleb to me and just left to go walk around the neighborhood by herself. I know motherhood is worth it, but the closer I get to it, the scarier it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home