Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Regret. My co-workers and I were just discussing it. One co-worker is trying to get into the FBI, so he was lamenting the fact that he didn't go for this sooner than now. He actually wished that he had been more of a go-getter while in the Army and done alot of special forces training, so he would have been able to make a career out of it. My other co-worker wishes that he would have joined the military after college, instead of pursuing his floundering art career. I kept my mouth shut but thought about it for awhile.

I guess I don't have any regrets, but I do wish that my "career" in life would start. I'm not sure what that is yet. Maybe it's a mission or a goal or profession. I feel like my "professional" life has been on hold since college ended, while my personal life got itself started and situated, which I feel it has. I don't worry about my personal life like I did in college. I was always worried-or thinking- about who I would marry, where I would live, who my friends would be, yada, yada, yada. Well, guess what. I'm there and I am pretty satisfied.

The profession stuff took a real back seat while all of that was getting in place, which amazingly, I was fine with. I didn't have enough energy to fret about my wedding AND the fact that I am going nowhere in my job. Well, now I am getting anxious and wiggly, as are alot of people around me right now, it seems. Maybe I just notice those people more when I am feeling that way myself.

No, I suppose I don't regret anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home