Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Well, Squirrel pooped on the bed this morning. I hate that dog, and love him to death at the same time. He drives me crazy. Sometimes I secretly want a hawk to swoop down and grab him, then sometimes I am petrified that that will happen.

I just keep telling myself that I have got to give my carpet to God. Give up the control. I would rather have pets that I love, than perfect carpet.

Went to church on Sunday. I like this church because they do communion every Sunday. When I was a kid, I would walk into church and groan when I saw the little wine glasses out because then church was even longer. Now, though, I love communion. I crave it. I am willing to sit through the worship songs being repeated fifty billion times if I get communion. I am not a worship song girl. I like hymns, or nothing at all, truthfully. I really dislike worship leaders. All that, "Stand up! Sing to God! Sing like you mean it!" They are so bossy and demanding. It's like cheerleaders at a football game. I especially dislike worship songs that are filled with all that "Christian slang" like:

"I lift my hands to praise you" (of course, at this point, everyone realizes that their hands aren't up and staggeringly pops their hands in the air)
"We are living in the time of Ezekiel" (what? No, we aren't. We are living in the time of the internet.)
"I'm coming back to the heart of worship" (what if the person singing it was never gone in the first place?)
Anything with "jubilee" or "lamp unto my feet" or, even though I have grown to appreciate the songs of Rich Mullins because of my husband, I really dislike the song "Awesome God"

I wish we could sing songs from Godspell at church. Those really speak to me. "Day by Day" is a great song. Or U2 songs. I have gotten more out of "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" than most churchy songs.

Am I going to burn in hell for saying this stuff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home