Monday, October 27, 2003

This weekend I fostered two little three week old puppies from the animal shelter. I had to bottlefeed them every four hours. I didn't even mind getting up at 3 in the morning. I named them Beatrice and Bernard. Beatrice is doing really well. She loved Squirrel and followed him around and even ate some of his dogfood. She'll probably be weaned by the end of the week. Bernard is a different story. He is the runt and still very small. He sleeps constantly, and is a little more difficult to feed. But he is my favorite. He is so absolutely pathetic. I think I may keep watching him for another week or so. He needs extra love.

My mom and sister came over on Saturday. We had a really good time, goofing around and feeding the puppies. See, that's the problem. I really like my mom when we are together. I want her to be around more and interested in my life. I want her to be involved. Argh. Why are relationships so complex and difficult?

I saw a very freaky movie this weekend. "28 Days Later." It's one of those movies where the images keep running through your head days after you've seen it. Very effective movie. I also watched "Bend It Like Beckham" which I had heard rave reviews about. It didn't really do it for me. Maybe because I have no use for sports. I don't feel passionate about any sport like that... I kept thinking, "Why doesn't she just obey her parents? It would make her life a whole lot easier." But then I thought, well, what if my parents had told me, "A proper lady does not draw cartoons." Yep. I would have disobeyed them. On the whole, though, I was a little disappointed in the movie. I didn't really feel anything toward the lead character. That's a big thing for me in movies. I have to relate to the lead. Or at least like him/her a whole lot. This girl was bland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home