Thursday, July 01, 2004

No Resolution=Ticked Off Ellen

Jason and I watched the movie, "Secret Window" last night. I wanted to see it in the theater but I'm really glad I didn't. I didn't like it. The only reason I like suspenseful movies is knowing that, in the end, it will all be okay. The protagonists will win/survive and I, having had a cathartic experience, will leave the movie feeling that all is right with the world. (I don't mind the sordid endings in black comedies, because there is a wink-wink-nod to the audience.) However, I do NOT like drama/scary movies in which I get no resolution. It's always a bad sign when I am left fumbling for the remote, muttering, "Maybe there's an alternate ending..."

"Give it up, Ellen," says Jason, "That's all that there is."

"Damn you, Stephen King," I mutter and throw the remote control across the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home