Monday, November 22, 2004

Elaborations

Someone asked me to elaborate on my 190,000 mile car. It's a 1991 Honda EX and it's the best car ever (knock on wood.) It was our family car, then my dad sold it to me for $1 after college. My sister, who owns a 1996 model Honda, still envies mine. She says that after 1991, they threw out the mold because they realized that they had built TOO good a car, and nobody would ever need to buy another one.

If it were a person, it would be like a retiree. Still active and dependable, yet a little creaky and cranky from time to time. I'm not looking forward to it's elderly, senile years. The guys at my car repair shop (who I also give thanks for) keep telling me that they think I might make it to 300,000 miles.

My fear is that Jason will start driving it more after the baby is born (alas, my car is a two-door) and will decide that we need to sell it and get a new car. Or a freaking truck. (Jason is of the "bigger and better" mentality, so I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before the Great War over my Honda begins.)

Someone also asked about my El Boogie Playlist. It includes: Jimmy Eat World, ABBA, Green Day, Everclear, Everything But The Girl, Arrested Development, Weezer, Barenaked Ladies, Radiohead, Edie Brickell (but only with the New Bohemians), The Allman Brothers, Johnny Cash, Liz Phair, Blur, Joni Mitchell, Neil Diamond, Louis Prima, The Police, The Offspring and Colin Hay.

I also have my own personal one hit wonders...meaning artists who only have one song that I like. Examples: "Obsession Tango" by Shakira, "Don't Stop" by Michael Jackson, "Panama" by Van Halen, "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire, "Weapon of Choice" by Fatboy Slim, "Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin, "The Weight" by The Band, "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce and one of my all time favorites, "Wannabe" by The Spice Girls.

Hope that answers some questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home