Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Down

I can certainly see how post-partum depression gets started.

I was really doing okay until this mastitis thing happened. I still feel like I've been hit by a truck. Mastitis is probably no worse than the flu (except maybe the burning breasts), but different in that there is still a baby to take care of. And you aren't getting the sleep needed to properly recooperate (Anna and I were up from 1:30 to 4:30am last night. She was having "issues." She projectile spit-up on me. I've never seen anything like it. It was a geyser.) My car is still out of commission (not that I really feel like going anywhere right now), but it adds another dimension to the cabin fever isolation I'm starting to feel.

Needless to say, I've been pretty down today.

And now my mother wants to come again. I have one of those types of moms that you can't tell your bad stuff, because then she insists on coming in to save the day. And she doesn't take no for an answer. I appreciate the help, but when she comes, I feel like a child again.

I would just like things to start finally being normal. I'm not meaning "normal" as in pre-baby. I like the baby. The baby can stay. I just mean "normal" as in non-crisis mode. No big feeding decisions to make, getting at least five straight hours of sleep at night, no mastitis, no colic, no smelly green mystery poo-- that's what I would consider "normal" right now. Maybe a trip to the mall with a happy, non-screaming baby to get a cookie at the Cookie Hut.

Normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home