Friday, March 25, 2005

Ugh.

Word to the wise: if you ever have the choice between having mastitis and not having mastitis, choose the latter option.

I developed a clogged milk duct a week ago, and managed to get it worked out. Then a few days later, I got another one. I got it worked out, also. Then I got another one in the first breast. This time I wasn't so lucky, and it started getting tender. I started having some aching in my legs and I thought, "Uh oh."

I have been on antibiotics since last night, and today I finally feel a little more like a human being. Yesterday was awful. Mastitis ranks up there with any flu I've ever had. I had a 102 degree fever, chills, sweats, aches and vomited up the small amount of food I had eaten at lunch. I don't know what I would've done without Jason last night. Despite having a cranky, fussy (yet damn cute) baby, last evening was the first time that I have thought, "I just can't do it." She would cry, and I would think, "Sorry." Of course, I was laying on the bathroom floor at the time.

So, for any women out there who have been sick with a newborn, and done it all anyway, my hat is off to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home