Friday, April 29, 2005

The News

So Britney Spears is pregnant? So Tom Cruise is dating Katie Holmes? So Brad Pitt really was cheating with Angelina Jolie? So Ellen's mother is visiting this weekend? Somehow it doesn't carry the same attention-grabbing headlines, eh...

Still battling this stupid thrush problem. After a week, despite multiple remedy attempts, it still seems to be sticking around, so I am hitting it with the Diflucan as soon as I pick the prescription up. Breastfeeding is just an odd experience. Granted, I'm glad that I've done it and stuck with it. But every week, there seems to be a new annoyance. Last week, thrush. This week, I've had to change my shirt twice a night because of all the leakage (can't sleep in bras.) Then the other night I pulled a back muscle trying to figure out the lying-down side nursing thing.

I'm going back to worrk in five days. Got to be honest with you, not looking forward to it. Even though I've felt pretty lonely at home lately, I am still dreading handing my daughter to someone else for eight hours. It was hard enough leaving her for one night with her two doting aunts, who love the tar out of her. But...as I have promised my husband...I am going to give it a whirl. If but for anything else, it will cement in my head that I decisively want to be a stay-at-home mom. There won't be any "what if"s regarding work or "poor me"s regarding staying at home.

In other news, Anna loves her tha fans. I've got another weapon in my arsenal to cheer her up. I put her under a ceiling fan, and she thinks it's as funny as "Seinfeld." Oh, to be a baby.

And I am totally stoked (yes, I still use words from 1988, but I know that Shelley does too) for "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" movie. Please please please let it do the book justice. I implore everyone to read this book if you haven't already.

That's it for today's news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home