Monday, May 02, 2005

The Reign Of Ellen

Jason just bought his last fun toy for quite awhile-- a new digital camera. A really nice one. He is giddy with excitement with it. If you didn't know, Jason is obsessed with gadgets, electronics and technology. He has this house wired with so many digital gizmos, I don't even know how to plug in the television by myself anymore. If he ever left, I would be like the guy in "2001:A Space Odyssey" with the house trying to kill me. Technology is fun for him, not so fun for our bank account.

But we had a major breakthrough in our marriage. Jason, who has been doing our finances most of our marriage, has finally admitted that he may be a little too impulsive with money to be the one running the show. So starting this week, Ellen is taking over. We both think that this move is for the best. When I didn't know what was going on, I stressed about it more.

So Ellen is inacting "2005:A Budget Odyssey." The camera was Jason's final hurrah before The Financial Reign Of Jason ends. I am a pretty meticulous person when it comes to stuff like this-- before we were married, I balanced my checkbook down to the cent monthly. I think that I am going to do pretty well at the budgeting.

I know that we should both probably have an equal hand with the finances, but in marriage, I honestly do not know if that is possible. Every couple I know has only one person cooking the books. Usually the man, it seems, but almost always the person who is the more practically-minded of the two. The dreamer generally has to have his/her purse strings tightened. I always assumed I was the dreamer of the two of us, but in actuality, that is Jason. I am the one saying, "I don't know about that, honey..."

If you are married, who does your finances?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home