Wednesday, March 03, 2004

In my Purpose-Driven Life book this morning (which I recommend to everyone), it talked about temptation. It said something that really made me think. It said that in order to grow Godly character traits in us, God often lets us be put in circumstances where we are tempted to exhibit the opposite trait. Like if God wants me to become more accepting and loving, then He will plop me into conversations where it is very easy to be critical of someone (and this is a major temptation of mine.) I then have the choice of which way to go. Do I hold my tongue and grow as a person, or do I give in and stay petty?

It was just a really interesting thought.

I had some freaky tweaky dreams last night. I've got to stop watching Law and Order:Special Victims Unit so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home