Monday, March 01, 2004

Well, the dizziness is pretty much gone, the nausea only happens right after I've eaten and I'm getting used to the hot flashes, so I am doing good! Actually, I feel great. I haven't had so much energy and motivation in a long time. I think that Wellbutrin just might be the anti-depressant for me.

Watched the Oscars last night. I don't know why I always watch them, because I honestly don't care that much. My favorite movie of the year was "Pirates of the Caribbean," but it only had technical nominations and Best Actor nom for Johnny Depp. My favorite movies usually don't get nominated for the big awards. I used to like all those arty farty movies that Amy M likes (Life by Candlelight) but now I avoid them because they usually depress me. I remember going and seeing The English Patient years ago, and really hating it. Actually, I saw it with Amy M now that I think about it....

Sadly, I like movies with happy endings. I don't really care for the "deep" movies, which almost always end with someone killing themselves. Which is why I have not seen and have no desire to see: The Hours, Pieces of April, Titanic, House of Sand and Fog, 21 Grams, Cold Mountain and Mystic River. Actually, I might see Mystic River. It looks interesting. I really liked Big Fish and Seabiscuit this year, two happy ending movies. And ta da, they weren't nominated for much.

But then, I loved The Lord of the Rings movies...although, to be quite honest, I thought that The Two Towers was the best of the three, but I don't think it won much last year.

Back at work today. My beloved husband has decided that he will let me cut down to four days a week. I haven't gotten the final word back from my boss to see if it's okay, but I think it's going to happen. I am so so so so excited about this. I am going to work on my own art projects at home, and hopefully get something ready to send out. I have been working on a book about depression for a year now. I'm so close to finishing it, I can taste it. And it's actually good.

Well, a gal from my office just walked in and made the very loud announcement. It's twins.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home