Tuesday, March 16, 2004

One more thing about today. (I know that this is three posts in one day, but oh well.)

My boss announced to my entire category on Friday (while I was out) that the reason that I was cutting back to four days a week was that I couldn't get pregnant. I know that he needed to give a reason, because people were asking, but I just feel so embarrassed.

Of course, I didn't know that he did this until today. All day yesterday and today, I've had a parade of co-workers (who I know mean well) giving me sympathy and advice. Lots of advice. One girl (who has a baby, therefore she is an expert) gave me a list of herbs that I should take, including cramp bark and false unicorn root. Apparently it worked for someone she knows. One person, who is pregnant with twins, told me that I just needed to relax and to "keep her posted." One lady ambushed me at the copier machine and started asking me really personal questions. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and tried to get away before I started crying.

I just feel so embarrassed and vulnerable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home