Friday, April 01, 2005

Graduation

Well, that little turdlette has been nursing since noon yesterday, no problem whatsoever. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. I feel so much lighter in spirit than I did just several days ago. I even nursed in the backseat of the car today! I just can't believe it.

Let me just say, though, that I now understand the "sore nipples" concept that most breastfeeders speak of. My nipples feel like they are being pried off with pieces of glass. It just proves, in my mind, that Anna simply did not get it, for those three weeks that I fought with her. I never felt anything remotely like this back then. It was more like a slight pinching feeling, as opposed to this "jaws of death" feeling. Not that I am complaining. I am just happy happy happy that she is latching and sucking.

And I am not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that she is now nursing, or simply that she is hitting the so-called "magic" eighth week on Sunday, but she has been great for the past two days. No projectile vomiting, relatively little spitting up, no green acid poo, and she has been much less colicky these two nights. Maybe she's finally getting enough hindmilk? Who knows. She is even smiling at me.

I just feel such a sense of accomplishment (even though I am giving all props to God for this one.) I feel like I should get a diploma or something. Or a "Major Award," to quote the dad from A Christmas Story. Maybe instead of a giant glowing sexy leg lamp, I should get a giant glowing sexy boob lamp. Har har.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home