Thursday, July 03, 2003

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still Ellen on the block.

Does anyone else feel that J. Lo is the most mediocre entertainer around these days? In my opinion, the woman is one of the main contributors to the dumbing down of America. She's not horrible, but damn, the woman isn't good either. That song "I'm Glad" is the worst because she rhymes the simplest words. And it's that "forced" rhyming. The first line has five words in it, and the second line squeezes in like seventeen words just so "sad" rhymes with "glad." Or "mad" if we're really lucky.

I was always impressed with how Sting rhymes in his songs, but they are fairly interesting words. "Poets, priests and politicians/Have words to thank for their positions." Now that's kinda interesting to listen to. "Kruschev said 'we will bury you'/I don't subscribe to that point of view.'" Makes you think a little.

Anyway, I just think J.Lo needs to shake her bootie over to that island that she and Ben bought and leave me the heck alone.

In other news, I'm going to highlight my hair. This is a big step for me. I've always been like, "I leave my hair it's natural color." I think this pride comes from me dating this guy off and on for eight years (a long story) and he was into the natural woman. So I became the natural woman. And there I stayed. Now, it's years later and I'm thinking, "Why am I doing this again?" So I am going to quit trying to see my gray hairs as a sign of wisdom (which I never really did in the first place) and get cool streaks put in my hair. Rock on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home