Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days (my sister in law, Alice, has been harassing me about it). I could make excuses, but hey....just laziness.

Thanks for all the pregnancy comments, everyone. I have actually made a decision about it. No more temping and no more charting. I mean, it's good that I learned about my fertility and now I know when I am ovulating and all that. But I was starting to see myself get a little nuts with it. And no more going to webwomb.com or fertilityfriend.com or idreamofbaby.com or pleaseknockmeup.com to check my symptoms with every other woman trying to get pregnant.

You know, this is so like me. Whenever I get a new project, be it a painting or a cartoon book or whatever, I get so obsessive. I guess getting pregnant became my new project. So instead, I have decided to write a comic book for my new project, and just try to get pregnant on the side. hee hee

And the thing is I still want to have a child pretty badly. Even after spending Saturday on a boat on the lake with a screaming 15 week old baby. And spending last Wednesday night entertaining a very active 4 year old ("I'm bored. New game!!!"). I love children. Well, most children. Let's face it, some are toots. And some are just plain assholes.

In other news, I am going to foster a Persian from the shelter. This pathetic cat got dumped at the local vet clinic with matted fur all the way to his skin. He was severely dehydrated and covered in fleas. The vet saw him as a lost cause, so they gave him to the shelter to be put down. This was miscommunicated somehow, so Vivian (the adoption lady) took him to the groomer to be shaved, and only found out later that he was supposed to be put to sleep. Anyway, he looks awful, but he is so sweet. I'm going to take him home with me until his hair grows back in. Jason agreed (yippy!) and asked, "So how long til his hair grows back?" "Ummmmmmmmm.....probably Christmas." He just sighed and walked away.

Ha ha. Got my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home