Tuesday, September 23, 2003

One of my favorite singer/songwriters is Michelle Tumes, an Australian singer. I discovered her a few years ago on a Christian radio station. Not that I am against Christian music, but most of it makes me want to hurl. I grew to dislike it even more after I went to CBA, the big Christian Bookseller's Association convention, several years ago and saw the huge piles of money being tossed towards mediocre music, lackluster books and ridiculous trends ("Prayer of Jabez" anyone? "WWJD"? I tell you what Jesus would do, he'd kick your... well, let's not go there.) It is frustrating to me, since I am living knee deep in that world right now, creating "Christian" product.

Anyway, I stumbled across Michelle Tumes on the radio and practically stopped the car in the middle of the highway. Who was this girl?! She says all the things in my head regarding God. She just gets it. It doesn't hurt that she's got this fantastic ethereal voice. Her first CD, "Listen," is just wonderful. I never get sick of listening to it. I want to hand it out to everyone I meet. Maybe that will be my mission in life. To get everyone to listen to "Listen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home