Thursday, December 04, 2003

I just sent around this survey thing that a friend sent me on email. You send it to your friends and find out how well they know you. I got one back and one of the questions is "Would you call me hippie, glam, nerdy, snobby, or something else?" and the person wrote "Perky Goth." I like that. It's actually quite fitting. Someone in college looked at my artwork once and said, "Tim Burton with a happy childhood."

I think it goes back to the battle that I have raging inside me between the light and the dark. I am very attracted to the "Nightmare Before Christmas" side of life--dark, brooding eyes, craggy lines, and black humor. But I also am attracted to pink frills, Holly Hobbie, and fluffy kitties. Yet, there is always something sinister about the cute, pastel things and something beautiful about the morbid stuff. I think that's what I like. The bunnies sometimes bite your hand off and the wolves sometimes save your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home