Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Going back to work on Monday was so hard. I was crabby all day. But little by little, this week has gotten better. Part of it is due to a gift show in Atlanta that most of my category went to, leaving me here to work in peace.

One thing I've discovered through 3 1/2 years of marriage (you know you are still newly married when you still count in fractions, I think) is that Jason and I should not be together in the mornings. We both need our morning time alone to pootle about the house. Jason usually wakes up at 5am and is gone by the time I get out of bed. We both like it this way, I think. On Tuesday morning, Jason slept in and got out of bed when I did. Talk about clashing. Everything I did was wrong. I was too slow. I wouldn't get out of bed. Those damn cats of mine got hair on his pants. Blah blah blah. He asked me if his sweater and pants matched. How should I know? I can barely dress myself. So he got upset at me for not being girlie enough to know proper clothing etiquette. "You're like a guy!!" he said, throwing up his hands. Pardon e moi.

Then he kept bugging me when I was in the shower. Look at this shirt. Where are my keys. Have you seen what that damn dog of yours did on the rug. Hey, buddy, shower time is Ellen time. Finally, I was like, "Will you PLEASE get out of the house?!"

Today, he got up at 5am as usual and we were both much happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home