Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Jason and I went on a date last night and saw the movie, "Big Fish." It's a Tim Burton movie, who is my favorite director, so I was excited to see it. It was wonderful! It made me cry at the end, but not in a manipulative way. It was just beautiful.

And it inspired me. One poet character ends up in this little small, weirdly perfect town called Spectre. He means to leave, but he never gets around to it. Thirteen years later, he's still trying to write his master poem, but is only three lines into it. Three very BAD lines into it. It really hit me. Sometimes that's how I feel-- I get so comfortable in my nice little rut that I don't do anything anymore.

When I got out of the movie, I said, "That poet was ME." So Jason said, "Then go somewhere." So I think I will. I'm not sure where. I might even go by myself. I might go visit some haunted castles in Scotland (I just got a cool book on them.) Jason said I could go and he'd stay home and work to pay off my trip. What a nice husband!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home