Monday, February 09, 2004

Got my camera! It's awesome. Jason is teaching me how to use it.

It was a nice weekend. On Saturday, Anna, Sydney and David came over for lunch. It was a really fun time. Anna is really down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Sydney is a hoot. She was determined for my cats to like her, but instead, they all piled themselves (in a pile, literally) in the back of one of our closets. They are not used to children. She's a cute kid. Even when she is pushing her mom's buttons, she's still pretty good.

On Sunday, we had the second meeting of the Creative Guild. We had a new member, Becky. We read one of her stories and it was so good! Very dark. I liked it. I think that she will be a good addition to the group. She's very "Just do it. Send it out." Whereas, Shelley and I think too much about stuff. "Is it good enough? Is it ready? Would anyone want it?"

I am reading the book, The Purpose-Driven Life, by Rick Warren. You are supposed to read one chapter a day for forty days, so that you can digest everything that the book says. And so far, surprise surprise, I have! I read it when I am drying my hair in the morning. It poses a question for you to think about every day. Yesterday's was, "What do you need to stop doing, and what do you need to start doing, in order to fulfill your purpose for God?" Today's was, "What in your life, when you think about it, has God been using to test you? What are the most important things that God has given you to take care of?" (Or something like that.) It is really thought-provoking for me.

The answer to the first question is a) stop watching so much television and b) start working on my cartooning seriously. I'm still thinking about today's questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home