Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I had one of those weekends where I cleaned the house practically the entire weekend. By Sunday night, I felt cheated. So I took a personal day yesterday to catch up on artwork and to go out to breakfast with two friends. My friend Mindy has a friend who is starting Clomid and had a bunch of questions to ask. She doesn't really know anything about fertility stuff. Her doctor called her first baby a miracle, since they weren't charting or anything, with her ovulatory problems.

I brought her my Taking Charge Of Your Fertility book and tried to explain luteal phase defects (what I have) to her. Mindy was like, "You are so brilliant!" I tried to be all "Oh shucks" but the truth is I'm not. I really just read the book. It's very self-explanatory and easy. Once you know the stuff, it's almost impossible NOT to know what your body is doing.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some watercolor dyes that I have been drooling over for a couple of months. Some women buy shoes. I buy paint.

Then I took a nap, which I probably shouldn't have done. I kept tossing and turning last night and making Jason mad. So I got up and took two Tylenol PMs, apparently making alot of noise in the process. Jason informed me that I was not allowed to take any more days off. I said, "Yes, Dad." Which made him even pissier. This morning I felt so drugged up from the PM. It was like pulling a fog blanket off the top of my head. Plus, those things always make me cranky the next day. I get so irritable with the normal things that wouldn't bother me at all any other time. Things people say that I normally blow off, suddenly get under my skin.

It's sort of like PMS. Jason always tells me that I get short and bitchy during that time. I always say, "No, I just don't put up with the same crap during that time." It's true. All the rudeness and insensitive things that I tolerate the rest of the month suddenly becomes intolerable to me. I say just feel lucky that I put up with the crap most of the month, because I have reason to be a bitch all the time if I wanted to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home